[alfa] Re: powder coating for header

David wrote:

<snip>
> To spiff it up, I wanted to powder-coat or somehow paint the cast iron OEM
header
> to prevent rust and oily surface.
<snip>

Don't paint or powder coat them. Exhaust temps can get to about 1500F near
the head and that's way too hot for paint or even powder.

Try ceramic coating them. I had that done on my Alfetta GT and they look and
work great. The quick list of benefits include great looks, no corrosion,
lower under hood temps (it sends more heat down the pipe), and, if you have the
inside coated too (I recommend this), a bit smoother exhaust flow resulting
massive increases in horsepower at the wheels.

OK, so I'm exaggerating on the horsepower bit, but it does help the flow they
say.

You can look at JetHot's web site (ww.jethot.com) to get an idea of what it's
about, then you can probably find a local business to support. :-)

They should blast them clean and then coat it inside and out. Worth whatever
they charge. You can choose from a variety of colors, too.

I'm gonna invoke Fred D, hold onto your monitor ... PUT YOUR CITY IN YOUR
SIGNATURE LINE SO THAT WE KNOW WHERE ON THIS EARTH YOU ARE LOCATED AND CAN,
MAYBE, POINT YOU TOWARD SOME HELP IN YOUR AREA.

'Kay, 'scuze me, I just had to let that out. No offense (offence for our
Queen's English chaps) intended.

HTH

Tom
Seattle