[alfa] Location of Relays for Spider and for GTV6?

Alfisti,

Although I have the workshop manuals, I cannot find where certain relays are physically located in a 1984 Spider and in a 1985 GTV6.  The relays in question are as follows:

1.  Fuel Pump - both cars
2.  Headlight - Spider
3.  Windshield Wiper - Spider
4.  Main relays - GTV6
5.  Relay controlling electronic ignition coil - GTV6
6.  Relay for electric window motors - Spider

Other than the relays located in the fuse box, if someone has an identifying "map" locating the physical place of all other relays, such would be appreciated.

On the Spider, which I just bought, the fairly new fuel pump appears to have shorted even though the positive wire was to the positive post of the pump and the negative wire was to the negative post.  Obviously the pump is not pumping gasoline.  When I "arced" the positive wire to the positive post (direct from the battery and not through the automobile wiring system), I could get the pump to pump.  However,  when I fixed the positive battery wire to the positive pump post, there was no pumping.  After reconnecting the automobile wires and with the ignition on, the pump overheated to the point it could not be touched.  Advice on the situation would br appreciated.

On the GTV6, the engine stopped while moving and restarted after coasting.  Therefore, it was assumed the fuel filter, coil or electronic trigger module may have been at fault.  I replaced all three, even though the old coil and module appeared to be working.  Thereafter, even after putting the old system back in, the car turns over but will not start.  It is presumed something has shorted.  The fuel pump can be operated externally.  Please advise as to what may be the problem.

Otto F. Schug
Lots of Alfas
Columbus, IN
 schugof@domain.elidedm