re: [alfa] fun with electricals

Stacy,

	I had this similar problem in my '86 Spider and I used the bigger-is-better approach to the fuse...only to have all the
smoke come out of the wires in the trunk!  And then I had no brake lights...and a charred, melted, mess to contend with.
 I did get good at splicing in new wiring in tight places.

	But it did pinpoint the problem.  In the trunk, the rear wires are routed along the driver's side.  And sometimes the
bundle passes thru holes in the sheet metal (see where I'm going??).  And after time, the sharp edges of these sheet
metal holes wear off the insulation to where you get a short...then a blown fuse.

	So my advice is to, don't put in any more fuses and inspect every inch of the wires in the trunk for worn insulation;
sometimes you'll see the arcing damage on the sheet metal first.  You'll have to inspect all sides of the wires, bend
the wires to expose any wear because the hole in the insulation can be quite small.

	Good luck!

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV