[alfa] Fuel pressure release on L-Jetronic

Thanks to all who responded to my question on the life expectancy of Bosch
fuel pumps.  Now a related question.  According to the Bosch fuel injection
and manual, I should be able to release the pressure in the fuel delivery line
by using a hand pump to apply  vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator
diaphragm.  So I hook up my MityVac, apply 25 in. Hg of vacuum, and watch my
fuel pressure tester  gauge.  The result is that the gauge doesn't budge at
all -- it continues to read a steady 2 bar of pressure.  Can anyone tell me
what is going on here?  Has anyone successfully released fuel line pressure
following this procedure?  I'm aware that there are other ways to relieve the
pressure, but I want to know why this approved procedure is not working for
me.

Cheers,

Jim
Lawrence, Kansas