[alfa] Re:spark breakup

I don't think the wires are leaking voltage through the insulation. More than likely the induction voltage was causing some of the energy to travel down the wrong set of wires and cause erratic spark performance. If it is a regular breakdown of insulation you should be able to get a miss by laying the sheathed wires on a ground source (valve cover) the pathway will be a lot easier to jump than a spark gap. As for a correct resistance on plugs wires et all. Who knows? but at the voltage levels you are dealing with (10,000 volts or better) and the small amount of resistance the voltage drop is pretty minimal see <http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/64378/index1.html> Anyway, I wouldn't worry to much about the actual value rather that is in fact there in some form; plugs, wires or rotor but not all three ; )