[alfa] Alfa Spider answer and question

Trying to save paper here. Beatle of the new father down under: The rear drains on a Round-Tail / Duetto are, fer shure, one for the fuel filler overflow and might possibly be one on the other side. This particular drain has a circular cut out on the inner "skin" so it is not noticeable from underneath. However, there are, fer shure, two drains farther back. If one was to remove the taillights completely, then look down in their cavity, you would find a longitudinal support panel between the outer and inner panel. At the bottom of which is a drain opening. I too have found strange items "down there' but it is obviously best to get them out so they don't clog the drains. Personally I flood the entire car with water after stripping it down completely. It does take about a minute or so for the water to drain out of the rear trunk cavity - which assumes the drains are open and the rear is higher than the front, but she does then drain quite nicely.

Okay, what is the proper color for the rear radius rods on a Spider? Body color, or black? Suspect the latter, though I find many repainted Spiders have body colored radius rods.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA