[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #177

You need to look into "collector-car" insurance. I'm with Grundy
Worldwide and they do what they call "agreed value" valuation. Their
rules are pretty loose, too. No driving the car to work, no car
unrelated errands, no using the car when your other vehicle(s) are in
the shop. OTOH, there are no milage restrictions but you must own a
'daily driver' in good working order (they prefer a car less than 5
years old for this requirement, but it doesn't seem to be a hard and
fast rule). I can take the car out for a pleasure drive anytime I want
to, and of course, I'm covered for all club and marque-related events.

My 1986 GTV-6 has an agreed value of $12,000, and I pay $112/year for
full comprehensive and collision/theft up to the agreed value. If you
spend a lot of money upgrading your car, you can always go back and
re-negotiate the agreed value. I think it's a GREAT deal especially
since my daily-driver (2003 VW Turbo GT-I) costs me close to $800/year
to insure.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'