[alfa] Re: Replacing Alfa flywheel bolts (Loctite)

At 05:55 PM 6/23/04 +0000, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:52:49 -0700
From: "Jay Mackro" <jmackro@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Replacing Alfa flywheel bolts
<snip>
Unless the used bolts are really munged up, yea, I would just clean them,
and substitute Loctite for the sheetmetal tabs.  Those tabs always seemed
kind of hokey to me - OK in their day, but since superceded by Loctite.

Incidently, I substitute Loctite for ALL of the sheetmetal locktabs used
in an Alfa engine - such as the ones on the connecting rod big ends.
Anyone think this is risky?  One thing that bugs me about the tabs is
the way they twist as you are torquing the big ends.
What color Loctite are you using - Blue?
//kct