[alfa] clutch master cylinder

John,

I did this a few months ago.  The secret is to take the shroud off the
steering column, and then use about 18 inches of 1/4 inch drive extension
rods to access the nuts up there in the wilds of the back of the firewall.
This works really well, however I didn't find it an obvious solution.  I
think I needed to use the flexible knuckle as well (at the socket end).

I'm assuming that you are OK with the removal of the hydraulic pipe work?
(and the intake manifold).

At this point I'll also recommend that you go and buy a seal kit for the
clutch slave, as the renewed pressure in the system seems to have caused an
almost immediate failure. I had changed two master cylinders (in years 7
and 14) before needing to do a slave.

Let me know if you need more help, it is an easy job once you know the
"angles".

Cheers,
david
------