[alfa] spark plugs

	Joan, it sounds like we had the same experience this week. The Bosch
Platinum (not plus 4 or whatever) plugs in my 1992 Spider were a year old. I
put about 5000 mi on the Spider last year. I too do about a 4 mile round
trip commute to downtown Seattle.
	I just changed plugs on Monday due to what sounded like poor
detonation under load. The Bosch plugs were dry, not oil fouled, but they
were the cruddiest plugs I've ever seen (this is my first Alfa) They looked
like the tips had been dipped in cocoa power. I'll be interested in what the
list says.
	On several listers' advice, I switched to a hotter plug, the Lodge
2HL. The poor detonation problems disappeared. Thanks, guys!

Jonathan Thames