[alfa] Dead springs on Magnet Marelli advance mechanism?

Anybody know how to replace the springs on the advance mechanism for a Magnet Maralli distributor?

I have a '73 Spider that's been upgraded to a Magnet Marelli system, which I think means it has the same distributor as an '80 Spider. The springs on the advance mechanism are shot though, which means that if I have the timing set right for maximum advance, the springs don't wind up enough so I'm too advanced at idle speed.

Any ideas? I called IAP and they said my only option was a new distributor...

- Matt