[alfa] RE:32/36 Weber mod

Ron Ewing asked:
    Hi guys.  I know some of you here still mess with carbs and have a
question: seems to me I heard about Formula Ford guys modifying the
linkage
and the progressive 32/36 so that both barrels opened simultaneously, as
on
a 38/38, and presumeably would have much quicker response, instead of
waiting for the secondary to kick in.  Anyone here know about this?
Looking
at the linkage, it looks to me that if you modified it so that both
throttle
plate levers were of equal length (one being slotted to accomodate the
arc
it would travel through) they would then open at the same rate.  Ideas?
Don't know any Formula Ford guys myself and the people I know who sell
carbs
don't work with them, so...  TIA, Ron.

Ron

We race an RF92 Formula Ford in the NZ National Championship with
considerable success (fastest lap time for circuit etc) in spite of
being one of the oldest cars racing. We thus have several trophies and
championships to our credit. To answer your question, yes there are
several special modifications that are made to the 32/36 DCD or DGVA but
linking both butterflies to open together is not one of them. The main
modifications involve plugging the jet at the bottom of the bowl and
modfying the cover (that carries the floats) so fuel does not splash on
high G cornering and  very fast sweepers that are taken at over 100 mph.
These mods are essential to ensure  clean acceleration without
"fluffing" and bogging.

Les Singh
The original .... "Gonna drive my car
			 Where the wild thing are