[alfa] V-6 Rocker Arm Shaft Question - 2nd Try

In attempting to rebuild my 164 L engine, I have found
that the rocker arm shaft for the front head is
extremely difficult to get out.  I can hit it hard
with a drift from the front end and it barely moves!
Other people have reported the rocker shaft can be
pushed out with mere finger pressure, but that is not
the case for this one. Another Digester reported
having similar problems in removing the rocker shaft
from his 164 L engine...

The rocker shaft appears normal, and the rocker arms
all move freely, without binding nor excessive play.
Rather than mess with it, I just pounded the shaft
back to its proper location and am trying to obtain
advice as to what I should do.

It does not appear essential to remove the rocker
shaft for a valve job. Is this problem common, or does
it indicate more serious problems elsewhere, like a
plugged oil passageway? (Does oil travel through the
rocker shaft to lubricate the rocker arms, or are they
just splashed in oil from above?)

I'd like to do this rebuild properly, but if the stuck
rocker shaft is not a problem worth considering, I'll
just leave well enough alone...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Dennis
San Diego