Re: [alfa] Battery Disconnect

drm wrote:

I've read a few places that when welding on a vehicle, one should disconnect the GROUND battery terminal.
I'm no electrical whiz, but it would seem to me that it wouldn't make any difference which battery terminal was removed.
Anybody have a clue?
There is considerable disagreement whether this step is necessary or even a good idea. Use google groups to search sci.engr.joining-welding

Personally, I think it's unnecessary. I've done a fair amount of welding with no ill effects.

YMMV.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org