I've heard that Matt Jones of Re-originals has the metal sun visor hinges, as used on the early Duetto's. My question has always been, "Why do I need visors in a car that's always got the top down?"

Regards,

Dean

At 03:26 PM 6/10/2004, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:06:07 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Alfa sun visors, etc.

I know I talk about having "stuff" made, but never do. Mostly because I
get maybe one or two emails saying "they" might be somewhat interested.

Someone, maybe me someday, should make the sun visor  brackets in
chromed brass. This way one could crank down the screw as tight as one
wants without the mount breaking (plastic gets very brittle with age and
sun). There are those who want to drive 80 with the visors up acting as
a wind deflector. Others, such as myself, want it to stay in place until
needed, then come down with an easy pull.

While the brackets are functional, with some aesthetic upgrading, I wish
the small gauge angled bezels were available in the same materials. I
have a real distaste for pretend plastic chrome. Most owners I'm sure
could care less as long as they're shiny. And admittedly they aren't a
wear items such as the plastic on the Alfetta GT exterior door handle
serrated plate, but still...

Thoughts (?) or am I the only one who hates to see (and work with) cheap
stuff on what wasn't really an inexpensive car when new.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA