[alfa] Re: Alfa Sun Visors

The problem with the visors is that the pin itself starts rotating inside the mount, which it's not supposed to do. This being the case, all the clamping in the world isn't going to help.

With a steady hand, you can drill a tiny hole through the mount and the pin (use a sharp bit!) and insert a dowel pin of the proper diameter. I have done this to my '84 Spider, but I don't remember the exact dimensions. This will keep the visor pin from rotating, so now you can tighten the clamp to your heart's content. This is not as elegant as replacing the whole assembly, but it's such an unobtrusive fix that nobody will ever notice.

Cheers,

Tom O'Neil
1984 Spider Veloce