RE: [alfa] Bosch Spider won't start

Wayne had written about his no-start Spider...

<<ignition signal makes it to L-Jetronic ecu
10.9 volts during cranking at L-Jetronic ecu>>

While diagnosing my 1986 Spider Veloce a couple of years ago with the same
problem, it seems as if I remembered seeing somewhere that the ECU needed to see
a higher voltage than 10.9 (I don't remember exactly what it was, 11.8
maybe?) to even "turn itself on". If the voltage was lower than the turn on voltage
the ECU would not even function. Perhaps there's a poor supply or ground
connection or you could try putting a really good charge on the battery.

By the way, the problem back then with my Spider was a distributor rotor that
was so "arced over" with deposits it would not pass voltage. A new rotor (and
cap for good measure) cured the problem instantly.

Ed at Caribou Imports, Inc.
Alfa parts at www.AlfaSpider.cc
Fiat parts at: www.caribou.cc
Max-Flow Catalytic Converters at: www.SportsCarConverters.com