Re: [alfa] Re: Compresion Ratio modification

In the GTV cars, the original 1570 engine was 9.0:1 and the 1750 9.5:1. It
is a lot easier to deal with high compression on a Motronic car where the
spark timing can be tailored along with the mixture as a function of load
and RPM.  I know that my BMW 4.4 liter V8 is 10:1, but it has a
sophisticated Motronic system as well as a knock sensor for every 2
cylinders. My pld Pontiac Gran Prix with 10.5:1 eventually self destructed
with the gasoline available in the late 80's (broken ring lands)

I ask the question not because I am dealing with the problem right now, but
am seriously considering the purchase of a 2000 GTV that has the 10.4
pistons and I do not want to destroy the engine (very easy to do, as heavy
detonation is very difficult to hear, especially along with al the other
noises that an Alfa engine produces while in full "song")

Actually a single, thicker head gasket does not scare ma anywhere near as
much as the idea of more than 1 gasket!

How does one go about making the mixture richer in a SPICA system, but only
at WOT ??

A Google search has come up with a $295 Spearco water injection product for
normally aspirated engines, but says only applicable to:  Single 2 bbl, 4
bbl and single throttle body systems only

Also one from the UK: http://www.noswizard.com/water.php and this one says
"the required number of injectors" looks like it would be applicable to a
multi point injected engine.

Also: http://www.kennedysdynotune.com/waterinjected.htm

Also:  http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/waterinjection.htm