[alfa] Alfa Baby Seats

Beatle, congratulations on your new baby daughter. Let's see now,
Duetta, Giulia, Giulietta...maybe. Berlina...nah.

I just removed the top from the third (mine) '69 Spider yesterday. It
came with a tonneau cover in quite good condition. However, after
removing the seven or eight male snaps along the lower back of the top,
I was amazed to find the rear of the top was not only held down by the
screws / snaps, but Velcro all the way around. With that arrangement,
the top is pretty easy to remove - just six bolts.

True, you could put the girls in the back with the top up, but will be a
bit claustrophobic even with the rear window. Let's say you've removed
your top and mechanism (of course). Girl child #1 sits behind and facing
Mom who hopefully doesn't have overly long legs. Duetta can sit / lay
sideways behind The Beatle / Proud Father.

Over her left shoulder will be three convenient captive nuts where the
top was. IF the Duetto (car) also has a captive nut for a diagonal belt
it would be over her right shoulder (yeah, I'm aware she won't be
sitting up much for a bit yet). The 69's all have them - the early one's
have a bolt there, the later one's have a plug in them. A determined
father should be able to use these mounting points to come up with some
sort of kid seat / rug rat carrier tie down.

Will be a lot of fun when you pull up to a McDonalds (surely they have
them in Oz).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Amazing, a man with an Alfa Spider and still adding to the family.