Re: [alfa] 74 Spider rear mats behind the seats

Andrew, that's one hellava email address you have there !!

Have a look here. http://www.worlduph.com/hubpageALFA.htm

I suspect they are more expensive than ReOriginals especially seeing their
price list is from 2002.

Anyone care to comment on how these guys carpet sets are priced against the
competition ?  I need carpet for my Duetto.  Not going for originality
(sorry Biba !) merely functionality.  A few hundred dollars is better than
over a thousand for proper rubber mats.

My tunnel mat is fine so I only need to cover floors and sills.  Is it
plausible (read neat) to make these sections oneself from flat carpet and
then have the edges trimmed ??

Also, I have sourced some closed-cell heat and sound insulated matting I
intend using as underfelt in leiu of the old jute.  Comments on whether this
is wise ?  I realise it doesn't hold water but as it will not breathe like
jute am I just going to end up rusting the floors more rapidly ?   I've
considered cutting a small rearward facing scoop in the lowest part of the
floors to allow drainage.

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz