[alfa] GTV steering box question

I have a 74 GTV that I bought earlier this year as a parts car. I removed
the steering box and steering column today and they are unlike the one in my
73 GTV and the exploded diagrams in Catalogo Rapido and the Alfa Ricambi
parts catalog. I wonder if anyone knows what I have got.

The box is a Burman and it like the other Burman boxes that I have seen
except that there is no shaft to the steering wheel. Instead there is a
splined stub. This connects to a U joint and a section of shaft that has
splines at the other end. This connects to another section of shaft just
below the column housing that is below the dashboard. This shaft connects to
the steering wheel.

All the diagrams and pictures that I have seen of Burman boxes show a one
piece shaft from the steering box to the steering wheel.

Can anyone tell me anything about this one?

Thanks,
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
79 spider
73 GTV