[alfa] Spider transmission supports

Believe I brought this up before and received no replies. The US '69
(and I assume earlier) take the angled forward type transmission
support. The Euro '69 and all later Spiders take the square (ish)
support whose mounting hole sits back approx. 1.25" from the angled one.
Not sure why, but there are also different floor pan part numbers.
Apparently they moved the two spot welded brackets for the supports
farther back - for whatever reason.

I thought there was a difference in lengths of the 1750 vs 2000
bellhousing, but now don't believe so. Both a 1750 and 2000
transmission, measured from front of bellhousing to center of the bolt
hole for the support, are approx. 21.25".

Just curious if anyone has an idea why this was done.

If that deep mystery doesn't occupy your mind as you're standing over a
hot barbecue today, I'm sure thIs next one will.

Water pump fan extender. (Yes, you too will be inches longer...oops, got
carried away). Why do square backs have a .75" extension on the end of
the water pump's, ummm, nose and Round-Tails don't? When putting one of
the 69's together it will be interesting to find out if the "extender"
would fit or if there is some reason it wouldn't.

Ulp! Might have just had an epiphany. Is the mounting point for the
engine's mounts set back - say around 1.25" + or -?

Have a safe good one,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA