Re: [alfa] 91 Spider speakers

According to my records, you've got 5.25" holes back there. You're not gonna get too too much bass from anything, but you can definitely get rid of any tinny effect. Under $100, the following spring to mind. MB Quart and :

UNDER $100
Alpine SPS-130A - $89.99 - just installed a pair in my dad's Mercedes (BIODIESEL hahahaha) and they sound really nice, even from his Becker head unit.

Clarion SRR1325 - $69.99 - I have no personal experience with this one, but they're a strong brand for a good price.

JBL GTO526 - $89.95 - JBL is one of my favorite low-level brands. They have a good solid product without a lot of bull.

MB Quart RKC113 - $84.95 - I am a MBQ loyalist. I have installed about a dozen of these speakers in my assorted cars and I would never switch. Only problem for you is that some people say they sound kind of tinny and they are power hungry.

On that note, what I'd recommend is to bring a CD of your music dow to your local Good Guys/Tweeter/whatever good car audio place you have and just try it out. Try to avoid listening to the salesmen and just go with what you like.

HTH
Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (MBQuart speakers/Xtant amp/Clarion EQ/Apple iPod)