[alfa] RE: ES30/SZ stats

I still have yet to find a reliable source for the SZ information regarding
skid-pad tests.  I doubt Car&Driver, Road&Track or any of them have an
article on the SZ because of the low production and lack of cars in the US.
I am surprised that I can't find anything from Cars or TopGear.  There is an
Italian magazine " Quatrroruote" or something similar to that name that
claims 1.4 G's.  I'd love to see the raw data behind these to get things set
straight.  Doesn't 1.4G's seem like an ungodly figure for a car built in
1991?  The Enzo only pulls something like 1.05 or so, the Viper GTS/R? Pulls
what 1.25G?  I really want to believe it, but it's really hard to believe
that if they had a car in 1991 that could pull 1.4G that the latest and
greatest are only pulling a range of 1.0-1.25.  Seriously, why abandon a
suspension setup that would handle so well?

And as my friend pointed out, isn't the SZ a FWD, longitudally mounted
engine with a transaxle?

Rob
'84 GTV-6

So off to the "Hot Cars" collectible set I got from somewhere. The data they
give on the SZ are:

Top Speed: 153mph
0-60 in 7.2s
Max Power: 210hp @ 6200rpm
Torque: 181 lb-ft
Weight: 2778 lbs
Motronic Injection, 10:1 CR, 3.66 x 2.87 (Bore x Stroke)
Length: 160 in
Height: 51.6 in
Track: 57.6 in (front), 56.1 in (rear)
Width: 68.1 in
Wheelbase: 98.8 in

I too recall seeing that the SZ could pull more than 1.1g. Either way, I
think a
pretty tasty car....

AD

--