Re: [alfa] Diesels and dollars

NO - there is a 3rd factor, the fact that a gallon of diesel produces about
27% more BTUs - just plain more energy!

And - the throttled gasoline engine running at lower compression pressures
at part throttle does not lower efficiency - where do I find this
information; it is new to me. The formula for "air standard efficiency"
includes a term for compression ratio, but, of course CR is a meaningless
term in a throttled normally aspirated engine.

Gwynne Spencer