[alfa] Re: when did a Dino 308GT4 become a Ferrari?

Brother Raccoons:

Forza magazine had a very good article on the Dino just a few months ago.
I no longer have the issue, but perhaps one of you can scare it up.

The 246 model of the Dino (Ferrari named their racing V-6s Dinos also)
started life as a concept car with a new, transversely-mounted V-6 in the
rear.  The concept car looks much like the production 246, but even
prettier, in my opinion.  (In many ways, it looks much like the tipo 33
Stradale.)  Some time later, Fiat and Ferrari used the same engine
in joint development of the 246 Dino and the Fiat Dino front-engined
spider.  The Forza article describes the reasoning behind Ferrari's
decision to market the 246 under the Dino marque, rather than that of the
prancing horse.  Wish I could remember the details.  Anyone still have it?

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco