Re: [alfa] Ferrari 308GT4 vs. Alfa Romeo...

As a matter of fact I have driven both on road and track (Road Atlanta to be
exact). The Montreal is lighter and has a 2.6L motor while the GT4 has a 3.0L
motor. On the highway, I would guess that the Montreal is as fast as the GT4
though I've never done a one on one comparison. However, on the track the stock
GT4 is clearly the better performer. Remember that the Montreal has standard
Alfa suspension parts. It started out as a show car for the 1968 Montreal
Exposition. Somehow, it went into production with the marginal underpinnings. I'm
sure John Hertzman or Peter Krause could expound on the topic at length.
Gentlemen???

Bruce Sharer
Raleigh, NC
'69 Spider