[alfa] Re: V6 valve guides

> >i never bothered to replace or recut my seats, if
> >there is no scoring or divit that run the entire
> >seating surface, then don't worry too much (IMHO) -
> >just lap. and don't forget to secure your liners
> (not
> >doing this ultimately led me to re-ring my engine:)
>
> How did it hold up without recutting the seats?

beats me:) i'm about 20K miles since, and generally
don't need to top up oil between changes. it runs well
enough (or, rather, the running problems are mixture
related not compression:) that i haven't done a
compression test in close to 20K miles, to find out if
anything is amiss.

it sounds like you have enough tooling at yor
disposal, and experience that it shouldn't be too much
of a problem.

-ethan schartman