Re: [alfa] 1's & 0's - marginal Alfa info

They in fact have built incredibly small and powerful amplifiers.
They're built into 99% of all car stereo receivers. But the size means
that all of the components are very close together, which means that
they are interfering sonically with each other. That's why (generally)
the better the sound quality, the larger the amp. Having your
components separated makes for better sound.

There are of course different levels of caring about stuff like this...
most people are perfectly happy with the integrated amp. I'm perfectly
happy using relatively low end wiring ($1.50/foot). Some people are
willing to pay $150 for a 2' RCA interconnect. Oh, and if you look at
the pretty pictures on that website your friend gave us, you'll notice
that 1) the digital amp's still big, and 2) it's not car audio, so it's
designed to run off of house current. Some day, I would love to have
the amp you describe, and the technology is getting better. But there
are still people who slavishly devote themselves to vinyl because they
think it sounds better. And they may be right, but I'll stick with my
iPod.

On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:10:33 -0700, alfacybersite mentioned the
following:
> Perhaps someone could interpret the info for me, but, hey, it appears I
> wasn't all that far off.
>
> Biba
> Irwindale, CA USA

HTH