[alfa] cam timing, etc

Well, Mark was right.  My 1-2-3 cam was off by one tooth.  While part of me
said that given the belt geometry, the cams technically can't get out of
time, another part said the discrepancy looked smaller than the pitch of
the belt.  I should have listened to that first part.   Which makes me ask
this question.  If the cams are timed by the belt and cannot be "fine
tuned", why is a cam adjustment procedure outlined in the manual I have?

So the cams are timed properly and the ignition timing is dead on.  But
when driving at steady speed with a light throttle, the engine stumbles
slightly.  Digging back in my memory banks, the other times I experienced
this it was a failing oxygen sensor.  Anybody out there ready to agree or
suggest something else?  Can an oxygen sensor be damaged by lots of raw
fuel caused by numerous unsuccessful attempts to start while getting the
distributor where it needs to be?

Mike in Texas with a stumbling Verde