Re: [alfa] Spider Clutch Issue

On May 11, 2004, at 3:20 PM, Bob Lorenzini wrote:

I don't know if this is an Alfa issue or not but it sounds
like the diaphram clutch is going over center. The only
Alfa failure mode I have experience with is broken fingers
which results in a dragging clutch.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice. I hope to have some time to check into it soon, and I'll post an update once the problem is fixed.

The Master Cylinder was replaced about 40K miles ago, so I am hoping that isn't the problem. I received some useful links and have seriously looked at the Alfa clutch mechanism for the first time. What puzzles me is that the problem seems very *mechanical*, like the clutch pedal is catching on something, versus a hydraulic issue.

Thanks again for all the advice.

-T