[alfa] Spider Veloce Blower motor

Hi all,
I have been trying to remove and replace my blower motor for a while now. I
have the entire dash ripped apart, interior out, carpets out, shifter and
center console out and cannot get the heater assembly out. The A/C unit is in
the way. Is there any way in the Veloce's to get the heater out without
draining and removing the A/C system? I really, really don't want to, and
cannot even drive the car to a service center at this point...

thanks,

Karl