[alfa] Re: 93 spider valve noise

Craig,
I wouldn't think it likely, but suppose it might be possible for your lower
timing chain to have stretched. I don't believe it has an adjustment (someone
please correct me here if I'm wrong). All I know it I have a noise that I
thought for sure was an exhaust leak (it isn't) for my '72 Berlina. The symptoms
sound very similar to yours (fine cold, after a few blocks it starts getting
noisy). I tried adjusting the timing belt tension a couple times which seemed to
help for a very short bit. Perhaps someone with more experience/knowledge on
this matter will pipe up and we can both be rid of the ticking tap dance. Good
luck with yours.

Regards,
Josh
'71 1750 Berlina