[alfa] Reinz head gaskets

Is this a new problem?

I rebuilt my 79 spider engine 18 months ago using a Reinz gasket that I
bought from Highwood Alfa. I cleaned all the mating surfaces with acetone
and fitted the gasket dry. I did not touch any of the surfaces with my
fingers - per Fred. I also did not mess with the roll pins. The engine has
done 17,000 miles since then and the head was last torqued 16,000 miles ago.
It runs great and does not leak anywhere.

Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
79 Spider
73 GTV