[alfa] 164 Head Gasket & Valve Job(long)

I also had (have?) a problem with loosing coolant, although not at the same
rate as you Robert.  There has been no evidence of "mayo" under the oil cap,
and only a slight bit of residue in the coolant tank, but I loose about a
pint every 500 miles.  I re-torqued the left head (the easy one on a 164),
and saw no change.  Just this past weekend, I re-torqued the right head, and
I'm a bit more optimistic that I may have "fixed" the problem.  The
rear-most inner nut was definitely looser than the others.  The first thing
I did was set the torque wrench on 65 ft/lbs and test-pulled all of them.
That one nut alone moved a bit when I did, so it was somewhere south of 65
lbs.  I then went through the normal re-torque procedure (remove one at a
time, lube, torque), pulling them all up to 85 ft/lbs, which I realize is a
bit beyond spec.  I haven't even driven the car since then (doing an oil
change too), but I'll report back after I've put 1000 miles on it.

Brad