[alfa] Webers v Spica

My trouble with my 1969 Berlina with Webers is getting the car to pass smog. Nevada smog checks are determined by the year the vehicle was built -- currently fixed at 1969, and never scheduled to move -- rather than its age. It passes fine during the high RPM portion of the test, but has barely squeaked by on the idle portion for two years in a row.

Driveability is not really an issue, aside from the rich idle, though I do think that I'd probably prefer the mechanical "simplicity" of the car's original well running Spica system, which was working fine when removed by the previous owner. I am very tempted to have the pump rebuilt by Wes Ingram (or just exchanged for one of his through IAP) and go back to it, but I hate to mess with some.

-James
1969 Alfa Romeo Berlina 1750
1981 Fiat Spider 2000