Re: [alfa] Alfa Soft Top Labor Estimate

Hi Group:

Ed's absolutely right about me.  We have been arguing about the top I
bought, for a few years now, since it was installed.  And, yes, Ed has
several times offered to replace that top, after I don't know how many
emails, but it took me quite a few to get Ed to admit (or claim) that my
top came from a batch that was made with defective fabric (which caused the
delamination).  But, Ed wants me to send my top back to him first, and wait
for him to send the replacement.  With ANY other vendor, I'd take that
opportunity.  Now let's see a show of hands.  Anyone on this list want to
rely on Ed's word as to when that top might arrive?  Anyone?  Not me.  When
I bought the top, I was told it was going to ship "tomorrow" countless
times, yet the top didn't arrive for months.  And to tell the truth, if I
hadn't subsequently read about Ed doing the same thing, repeatedly, to
other Alfa owners I might have let it slide, but that wasn't the case, was
it Ed?  Check, using the Digest search engine.  How many Digester's are
still waiting for Ed to deliver a product they've ordered, or are still
waiting for a refund on a product they've returned?  No one is singling
gout Ed without cause.  I certainly have sent my share of praise about
other vendors to this Digest, recommending them to others, as we all
should.  We're part of a small community, and the good vendors should be
supported and encouraged to compete for our business.  What's wrong with
warnings about vendors?  Often times, as we've all seen, that's the only
way to get a response from Ed, as personal emails, phone calls, and FAX's
get ignored.  When my replacement top  arrives I'll be happy to let
everyone know that this matter has been settled, and I'll send the
defective top back to Ed post-haste.

While we're on the subject, here's my list of recommended Alfa parts
vendors, in no particular order.  They have each provided me good service,
quality parts, competitive prices, or maybe just good advice:

Alfaholics, Alfa Parts, Don Ereminas, Alfas Unlimited, Centerline,
Hurtienne, OK Parts, Highwood Motors, AlfaBill, Vick Autosports, Paul
Spruell, DiFatta Bros., Big Sky Car Covers, Linea Rossa, Alfa Stop, Wes
Ingram, EB Spares, Serpent Autosports, Performatek, and Auto Componenti.

Please feel free to add to  my list, and if anyone needs a URL or other
contact info, let me know.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
dwc@domain.elided