[alfa] SS braided lines

When I worked on Uncle Sam's airplanes, the only
approved "chafing" covering for SS braided lines, was
leather.  We had neat suede like pads with wire loops
crimped into opposing sides and they were installed by
lacing safety wire through the loops and sort of
sewing them on.  Of course these were only approved in
special circumstances, since things were not supposed
to rub against other things anyway.
Somehow, covering stainless steel with rubber for wear
resistance, seems pointless.

Dave Miller
Deltona, Florida
(Back to the digest after a long hiatus.)