[alfa] 105 Engine Config

I've been browsing a few websites and books and notice that there seems to be
a distinct difference in the casting of the coolant plenum on the RHS of the
carby model 105 cylinder head.

It would seem that the heads with a bleed port on the plenum have the in-line
style thermostat, whereas the plenums devoid of a bleed port have a separate
thermostat housing.

The confusing part is that between the 1300, 1600 and 1750 engines I can't
determine which engines have which configuration.  Some sources show later
1750s with bleed ports and late 1300s without, but other resources show the
reverse.  I guess this could simply be because heads and engine blocks have
been swapped around, or is this another Alfa aberration where it is impossible
to link the configuration to a specific model or timeline ?  Maybe Alfa had
two engine production lines ?

Does anyone have a simple conclusive answer or rule to the above.

Thanks

Beatle, bored in Oz
'67 Duetto hybrid