[alfa] Original spider interior colors?

Jeff asked what interior colors were available as original in the US around 76/77/78 on the spiders, and in particular was there ever a tan or beige offered, and what about the reddish brown which he believes was called Pigskin? Brian proposed black, maroon, and tan as the available options, afahk.

I don't know just when leather became a US-available option in addition to vinyl ("Texalfa") but a 1978 color combinations chart I have lists black, ruby, natural and pigskin vinyls, and maroon, saddle, and cream leathers. The "Saddle" leather was available on the AR 103 Ivory  and AR 127 Sunflower Spiders, the maroon leather on the AR 008 porcelain and AR 751 light silver Spiders, and the cream leather on the AR 836 chocolate brown, AR 501 black, AR 514 signal red, AR 219 racing green, and AR 837 Bronze metallic Spiders. The ruby4Texalfa was available on the white and silver cars that were offered with maroon leather, the pigskin Texalfa only on the ivory cars which had a saddle leather option, black Texalfa only on the sunflower or the signal red, and natural Texalfa on the chocolate, black, racing green and bronze Spiders and as an alternative to black Texalfa on the red ones.

Unfortunately while the paint chips on that chipchart are very faithful, the interior color chips are evidently from a different source and the colors are very unreliable. (Probably stable mineral pigments in one case and fugitive anline dyes in the other). In these chips the "natural" Texalfa is close to the tan vinyl which came on my '71 GTV and '72 Berlina, but the cream is appreciably darker, and the ruby Texalfa and maroon and brown leathers are all about the same with no red I can see in any of them. No help there, I'm afraid.

John H.
Raleigh N.C.