[alfa] 1969 Spider Ignition Switch Problem?

Help!

I just finished reassembling my 1750 after installing a new steering box.
When I went to connect the negative lead to the battery, the starter engaged. I
checked the connections at the ignition switch, and compared them to the
diagram I purchased some time ago from IAP. The connections appeared to be correct.
However, upon further inspection (upside down with feet in the air, I noticed
that there are six male spade terminals on the back of the switch! Looking
closer, I noticed that the bottom three appeared to have been used and the upper
three only had a bit of wear - probably from my connecting to them. I changed
to the bottom three, and the result is that the fuel pump comes on, but no
starter when the key is turned to the start position.

 Any ideas what the correct wiring is? It was working fine before the
surgery. The diagram that I have shows left to right from the driver's seat looking
down: green/black and brown together on the left terminal, red in the center,
and black on the right. There is no mention about upper three or lower three.
By the way, the terminal are arranged in a circle on the back of the switch.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Bruce Sharer
Raleigh, NC