[alfa] Re: hubcentricity

Dear Alfisti,

I am about to attempt installation of adaptors for Rudge spline centre-lock wheels on my 72 Spider. It appears that stock wheels (mine are Turbinas) are hubcentric at the rear, but lugcentric at the front, as the front hub diameter is smaller than the rear. Is this correct? Is there any reason for me to not machine my adaptors so that they are hubcentric front AND rear? Does anyone know the history of the different-size hubs? The only info I can find (including digest archives) is from the Serpent Motorsport website, which claims that Alfa (stock) wheels are lugcentric, presumably both front and rear.

Thanks,

Bob Wilkinson
Saint Louis
72 Spider