[alfa] Duetto Sump Clearance

Hi all,

My Duetto's front end is way too hard and way too low.  Car has 185/65/14"
tyres and I'm wondering:

1.  what is the sump-to-ground measurement on other's cars,

2. if you have a sump guard, what is the sump-to-guard clearance, and

3. preferences for sump guard material ?

I have the means to manufacture my own guard from steel strap, aluminium or
stainless sheet.  I assume steel is the go as it would provide adequate
protection and can be readily bent back into shape should the need arise

Ta

Beatle
'67 Duetto (1750 hybrid)
Oz