[alfa] Milano engine re and re

Finally recovering from putting the verde engine in the plat this weekend as my plans for fixing up the verde have been foiled by forces unknown. I was really impressed that the engine can be pulled out without taking the hood off. Even though they look hard taking the exhaust manifolds off while the engine is installed in the car is really not so bad. I had troubles with the exhaust collector, ended up pulling the tin heat shields off them, then bending the whole works so the balls line up with the manifolds. Even managed to crack a ball so now my car sounds like crap. Sigh. Whoever designed the starter install on these cars should be shot, what an unbelievable PITA to change a starter. I didn't even want to, put you have to undo it to get the cable out.... Overall I'm quite happy with how things went and how they turned out. I have a few things to tinker on but that was the case before the engine swap too.... :-) A long while ago Brian Shorey told me if you are pulling a milano engine push the ecu wiring harness through the fire wall and take everything out, that was the best tidbit of info, sure cut down on alot of work. Two and a half days to pull the two engines, swap the collective good bits and install the 3l. They weren't long days as I had parental duties too... :-)
--
Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, AB

04 Volvo V70R