[alfa] Drop-Top Question

Hi everyone!

  I'm finally getting my '88 Spider Quad out of the garage after over a year
and a half of sitting there under wraps.  I spun out a few bearings and am
just now able to put the time and $$ into fixing it myself.  Wish me luck!!!
Anyway, the top has been up and latched for all that time and I was wondering
if anyone has any good advice I should follow before dropping it for the first
time.  I was thinking along the lines of using a conditioner (Armor-All,
etc...) on it and lubricating the hinges before moving it.  Any suggestions on
products to use?  I don't really want the inside of my lil' red baby smelling
like WD-40 for months afterward and lithium grease is just way to noitceable
and messy.  Or am I just being a little too paranoid?  Thanks in advance for
any tips!

Dan Lewis
Bellevue, NE