[alfa] Mixo Horns - Fixable ?

Hi all, and happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

My Duetto arrived with air-horns and a single inoperative Mixo (bass).  I
salvaged a couple of horns off a 1.8 Alfetta but neither of these work either
(bass and alto).

I've hotwired them to a battery while adjusting the 'tuning' bolt to no avail
and am wondering if there is a common failure mode for Alfa horns, and if so
are they readily repairable ?

For some reason I feel that the twin electric tuned horns fitted to Alfas form
an important part of their souls.  The air horns scream BIG TRUCK to me and
seem out of place.

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz