[alfa] Recaro Avus fabric

Ok final update for any of those who care. I finally found someone to help
me out. First I want to thank everyone on the list who helped me out and
hopefully this message will be able to help others.

Ok, the details, the fabric is Black Avus, Recaro part number 049298. All
dealers are supposed to be able to order it for you, however there are quite
a few dealers who do not know who to contact at Recaro to order the fabric.
The fabric ships from Germany and plan on two weeks for it to arrive. You
are ordering actual fabric off Recaro's 'factory floor' which is part of the
problem I imagine.

FWIW according to the upholstery shop where I took my seats (front seats
only) plan on 4 meters, but ask your shop before purchasing, my shop said
'approx 3.5 yards' which is about 3.25 meters, and you have to buy by the
meter.

I called a fair amount of dealers, with not much success, but here are the
ones who came through and their specifics:

Auto-Mat inc. in NY, $100.00/meter (are they serious?)
note: took over a week for a return call
Phone:516-938-7373 contact: Tim

Speed & Truck World in Miami FL, $38.00/meter
note:They do not ship regularly and have no way to take payment over the
phone, cash or CC in store only
phone: 954-760-9922 contact: Neil

Northstar Motorsports in Barrington IL, $38.00/meter
note:this is where I ended up getting mine from, he had to check but came
through and had no problems selling to me or shipping to me.
phone: 800-356-2080

Driving Ambition in Portland OR, $40.00/meter
note: nice guy but didn't want to ship to me in FL but the only guy with a
clue about the Milano and Alfas. Perhaps in the future if someone needs
fabric, tell him that the other dealers are not much help
phone:503-238-6011

Bruce Sharer suggested:
Auto Sports Gallery
919-872-2002
Raleigh, NC

John Fox suggested:
Hugo at Sids Custom Upholstery
in Mountain View California
650-969-1539

Here is a link to Recaro's dealer list in the CA and US:
http://www.recaro-nao.com/PDF/DOWNLOAD/UNTERNEHMEN/Authorized_Dealer_List_Pu
blic.pdf

As I said, sorry for the long post and the US centric nature, but hopefully
this will save someone else a lot of pain and random calling.

Thanks
Graham Spencer
Tampa Bay FLA