[alfa] Verde Avus Material

Just thought I'd update anyone who is interested so far. Apparently Recaro's
US distribution chain is a right mess. Recaro's website lists about 60
distributors. I have called about 20 at this point with no end in sight.

I've had luck with only one place, Driving Ambition in Portland, OR. But
when he found out I was in FLA, he said he couldn't help me. He was very
nice but told me that Recaro will not drop ship anymore, so it would have to
ship to him, and then Recaro will not allow one dealer to ship to another's
territory. He told me I must order from a local dealer. He wasn't sure that
he could get the fabric either, but said AFAHK it's still available.

So I called all the FL dealers, no luck, then GA, then LA, Then NY, then IL,
and am working my way west. About 15 of the 20 flat out said they could not
help me, and the other 5 are supposed to call me if they can figure it out,
I'm not holding my breath.

I'll tell you this, I'll NEVER buy an aftermarket Recaro seat. So to anyone
who thinks you just need to call a Recaro Dealer and Bob's your Uncle, dream
on. I'll spend the rest of this week, then I'm giving up, I'm sick and tired
of trying to argue with people to help me out.

If I ever do get anywhere, I'll post to the list and update the Wiki. It's
not looking good tho.

Thanks,
Graham Spencer
85 GTV-6