[alfa] Front-end maintenance?

Hi all -

Time to start working on the Spider ('73). I'd like some advice on checking the front suspension. Alas, my garage is outdoor & small, so I can't really work on it until it gets warm enough out, otherwise this would have been done months ago...

Anyway, my spider makes a bit of a clunk up front when I apply the brakes. According to the bible, I had thought it was the bushings, but after listening to Klick & Klack a bit, I just want to make sure it's not a ball joint or something more serious (at least the bible makes the bushings sound non-fatal)

I've got the car on blocks as I'm doing some coolant work anyway, so the car's not drivable, either. Any advice as to what I should look for? I opened the CarDisc but just found a bunch of stuff on toe-in & the like...

Thanks in advance

- Matt