[alfa] Starter Story

Just a quick story relating to the two scews working loose on the 1600
strarter. I used to do some work on a farm about 150 k's away from where I
lived. I would travel down there one week every month, anyway. About 80k's of
this journey was along back roads which followed the coast. The road was
narrow and bumpy however one could always (nearly) see a long way along the
road. I would wind wy way along the road in my alfetta, then fitted with a
high tuned 2lt, reaching speeds over 6000 in top, back down to 100k's for some
corners and so on. The trumpets on the 45m carbs screaming like I was in some
second world war aircraft. Anyway every time I would arive I had  broken a
brush off inside the starter motor. I repaired this three or more times and it
happened every time after I had been on this route. Now I no longer travell
this fast bumpy road and my starter has been fine. (God thats asking for
trouble).
The brushes where a typical part avaliable from the local mechanic and I got
to carrying some spares.
Dean